How To Make Aloo Matar Pulao
Aloo Matar Pulao Recipe Nutrition
Aloo Matar Pulao Recipe includes 210 calories
Carbohydrates: 20 g.
Proteins: 10 g.
Fat: 3 g.
2,000 calories are the total daily calorie required for a standard adult diet.
- Basmati rice 1 cup
- Oil as needed
- Bay leaves 2
- Cardomom 2
- Cloves 3
- Cinnamon 1
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Sliced Onion 1
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Green chilies 1
- Mint leaves 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- Tomato 1
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Cubed potatoes 2
- Green peace 1/2 cup
- Water as required
- Salt to taste.
Tips for making Aloo Matar Pulao Recipe
- Cook Aloo Matar Pulao Recipe in the pressure cooker or a thick bottom vessel, cooking in a pressure cooker will reduce the time as compared to a vessel.
- I have used basmati rice, it will enhance the taste more as compare to other rice.
- Check the potatoes before using it, because the potatoes can taste sweet and make the rice taste sweet.
Process before cooking the recipe
- Wash the rice nicely with water, and soak the rice in water for 20 minutes before cooking the recipe.
- After 20 minutes drain the water from the rice and keep it aside.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes finely.
- Cube the potatoes, keep the size medium so that it won’t mash into the rice while cooking.
- I suggest to use fresh green peas instead of frozen green peas, fresh green peas will improve the taste of the rice.
Process Of How To Make Aloo Matar Pulao
1. Take a pressure cooker, keep it on the flame.
2. Add oil 2 tbsp, then add 2 bay leaves.
3. Now add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon.
4. Add black pepper and cumin seeds, saute it for 2 minutes.
5. Then add 1 big sliced Onion.
6. Saute, until it changes color to a golden brown.
7. Now add ginger garlic paste, add 1 split green chilies.
8. Then add chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves finely chopped.
9. Stir and saute for 2 minutes.
10. Now add chopped tomatoes, cook until the tomatoes are mash.
11. Add turmeric powder, Red chili powder, Cumin powder.
12. Then add Coriander powder, Garam masala
13. Now add cubed potatoes, mix well.
14. Cook for 2 minutes, then add green peace.
15. Add 2 cups of water.
( Adjust the water as required)
16. Now add salt to taste, mix well.
17. Add 1 cup of Basmati rice, stir gently.
( Make sure while stirring you won’t break the rice)
18. Now close the lid of the pressure cooker.
19. Cook until 2 whistles.
20. After the pressure cooker is cooled down, open the lid and check if the rice is cooked properly.
21. And also there is no more water, moisture in the rice which can lead to making the rice sticky or can overcook the rice.
The Aloo Matar Pulao is ready, serve hot.
The Aloo bath can be served with
- If you are making this recipe in a thick bottom vessel instead of a pressure cooker, then make sure that you increase the proportion of water.
- After all the steps followed cover the vessel properly.
- Then check the rice is cooked and also check the potatoes are cooked properly.
- And if your rice and masala are not properly mixed, then try and mix it gently without breaking the rice.
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- as needed Oil
- no Bay leaves
- 2 no Cardomom
- 3 no Cloves
- 1 no Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 no Sliced Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 no Green chilies
- 2 tbsp Mint leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1 no Tomato
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- 2 no Cubed potatoes
- ½ cup Green peace
- as required Water
- to taste Salt